Friday, August 04, 2023

Lima HO scale van

Lima HO scale van

What we have here is a Lima HO scale 10ft BR box van - in Lima livery. 

According to Ramsay's guide, it will have been manufactured in 1975. But that's all I know, because this model isn't listed in the guide! 

That makes it properly rare, and probably worth more then the fiver the guide shows for other vans, and what I paid for it. I've always liked manufacturer liveried models, and have a soft spot for the Lima HO range. Somewhere I have the Castrol GTX livery, a favourite of mine, for reasons I don't understand. 

This is a pretty basic model. Buffer heads? Who needs buffer heads? Horrid plastic wheels and basic brake gear too, although this was par for the course back in the 1970s. 

Should Lima HO deserve more of a following than it has? I can't even find a Facebook group, and there's one of those for pretty much any topic.

2 comments:

James Finister said...

Nothing at all to do with this post, but after reading your review of the brush restorer in BRM, have you tried this stuff? I wouldn't be without it. https://www.generalpencil.com/store/c52/themastersbrushcleaner

Phil Parker said...

That's a new one on me. I'll have a look. Thanks!