Monday, March 11, 2024

Photos from the Midlands Garden Rail show 2024

St Trinians Wickham trolley

Yesterday, I talked about the Garden Rail stand at the Midlands show, but didn't mention the event itself properly. Lack of time when typing is my only excuse. 

Anyway, what was the show like? Good. I enjoyed it, and so did a lot of other people. According to the organsiers, attendance was around 2000, most of whom visited on Saturday, which certainly seemed busy. Sunday was quieter, but still pleasent. The day to be there if layout watching and long discussions were your intention. 

I didn't get much time for wandering, so I can't really comment on the layouts, other than to say I saw lots running at all times.

Cake was excellent. Day 1 was an apple and goo slice, and Sunday, a glutten free Victoria sponge. Chicken rolls both days too. I can't complain about the catering certainly. 

Anyway, you want photos - there is an album here.

1 comment:

BelfastCardiffDublinEdinburghLondon said...

Great pics Phil. Shows sheer variety of garden railwaying. And excellent range of cakes…