Sunday, April 21, 2024

Statfold Barn 2024

A few photos from last weeks' show. 

Bachmann launched their NG7 (7mm scale on OO track) range with some Quarry Hunslets. First impressions are that they are as good as we'd expected (the models have been rumoured for a couple of years, and much anticipated) and will convert a number of people to the scale. I am angling to do a magazine project with one...

 
I don't think I can use this in Garden Rail!

 
Filming The Titfield Thunderbolt

 
I'm not one for 3D printed locos, but this Russell looks really nice to me. 

 
I snagged the last piece of cake on Saturday. The barman was amazed to have gone through five during the day. I could have told him better. I should be a cake consultant. 

 
Nice 5 inch gauge Ruston 48DS.

 
Finally, my favourite layout at the show, a difficult choice as there were many excellent models on show. Look out for this in BRM in a few months time. 



1 comment:

Nick Brad said...

I wasn't aware you were at the show, it seems I missed a lot of celebrities including yourself and Pete Waterman, as it didn't seem like everyone knew that there were more layouts on display on the other side of the roundhouse, including our modular heritage line layout.
You would have delighted in the use of some older models, including a Lima Jinty which performed faultlessly over the weekend, along with a tender driven Hornby Schools, which was running for the entire weekend without a hiccup.