Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Base painted

 

I don't like paper wraps on kits much. Adding my own surface detail is more my bag. For a start, it means I can be consistant across a layout. The wraps will be excellent, and there's a good chance anything I paint won't look as good. 

Anyway, that's why the greenhous base has been dabbed with different emulsion paints to look a bit like concrete, and the walls are covered in brick Plastikard, painted and dry-brushed to look like brick. I should do the inside walls, but they won't easily be seen. 

Before all this, the top part, and top of the brick wall, have been sprayed with white primer which looks pretty good. 

Just the glazing to go. I'm not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Brian H said...

Glazing much worst on a full size greenhouse Phil