I wasn't going to mess around too much with this kit, but once the sides and ends of the cabin were fitted, the corners didn't look very good. Picture on the Petitie Properties website suggest I haven't done anything wrong either.
To me, the solution was obvious: stick some slips of stripwood in the corner gaps, and sand them flat. Shock horror, the plan worked. I found some suitable wood, which was slightly oversize, and PVA'd it in place. Then went away and let it dry properly.
A couple of days later, and with a sharp blade in my scalpel, the wood was trimmed back. A little sanding, and an acceptable finish was obtained. Again, not perfect, but I want to get this thing done.
I'm not unhappy with the result. It's one of those jobs that you do, and no one notices you've done it. But they would if I hadn't bothered.


No comments:
Post a Comment