Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Llanfair haul

Haul
A small pile from the show this year. Most of it comes from the Fairbourne Railway, who were selling Christmas and gift tags that will be perfect for my railway friends in the festive season. Stupidly cheap too, I wasn't going to pass them up. 

They also had a copy of The Narrow Gauge magazine, with an article of Isle of Man trains I've not seen. I didn't buy the other Manx booklet in the box, as I'm sure I have at least two copies already. Best leave it for someone else... 

The big buy was a Plateway Models motorised pump trolley kit. Now, you may remember there was one in the Llangollen stash. So why buy another? 

Simple - I rushed the build and it all went very wrong. Wrong enough for the kit to end up in the bin in frustation.  

But I really want this model, so I'm going to give it another go. With the benefit of hindsight, I hope to produce a working trolley, and series of blog posts this time. 

No comments: