TINGS might have been a work trip, and I did buy a bit for future magazine projects, but it's a toy train show, so I can't resist adding to my stash, just a little.
For a change, it was mostly good, useful material. Sheets of Plastikard at £7 for 9. How is this stuff still in the Anorak's Anonymous feeding bins late on the second afternoon? This shows how the hobby has changed. Admittedly, this is 15 and 20 thou sheet, but still very useful, or is this just me? I did pick some 60 and 80 thou sheets up from another vendor too, as I was completely out of those.
The electrical tester will form a rant another day I fear, so we'll move on to the Peco goods shed, which is a nice little model and puts something back in the N gauge box, which emptied a little for the last issue of BRM.
Finally, an American Gas Station. We'd looked at this for a future mag project, or rather, I'd looked at it and thought it was a good idea, my boss was less impressed. I'm sure it could be anglicised, but I think I'll build it as a fun little diorama as is. Looking in the box, there are lots of bits, always a good sign.
And finally, some plastic shapes from Cheltenham Model Centre. William Morris said, "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful", and there is something childish in me that bought them because the colours make me feel happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment