Finally, a bit of time to stick on an Inspector Morse DVD, and get back to working on the model barge.
The kitchen units confused me. In theory, they fold up, but I got lost in the instructions, and ended up going off-piste. The various sides were split up, and reassembled in a way that seemed to make sense to me. It didn't help that I disagreed with the idea that the doors should open. On a real barge, just like a camper van, surely there are latches to stop them swinging around when in motion?
No problem, just fit the parts inside out, and the doors stay closed. I added some handles from scraps of microstrip, stuck in place with Deluxe card glue. Extra strips were cut from the spare card fret to add a worktop and drawer fronts. With a sharp blade, the card cuts beautifully.
Coloured with paint pens, they will look fine when viewed through the side windows, and not bad with the roof removed. I think I'll look for some suitable detail fittings to bring the galley area alive at some point, but they look OK for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment