Sunday, July 29, 2018

Isle of Man 1993

Loch at Laxey 1993

In preparation for our trip to Man, I've been going through some of the photos taken 25 years ago on my first visit. Some of them are a bit misty thanks to the truly terrible weather we experienced on that trip, but modern photo editing software can brighten things up a bit.

It's amazing quite how much has changed. You can't see this view now:

MER 21 at Derby Castle 1993

As the Aquadrome has long gone. There's been quite a lot of development at the Groudle Glen Railway too. Lhen Coan station now sports ticket offices, more sheds and a gift shop.

Lhen Coan station on the Groudle Glen Railway 1993

On the steam railway, the carriage sheds have gone, replaced by a Tesco. The signal box has moved too, if I took this photo now, it would be on my foot!

Douglas Signal Box 1993

1 comment:

James Finister said...

That was such a great year to visit. I must dig out some of my photos again.