Friday, December 09, 2022

Panlos Brick Nisan

 

We all love a bargain, and when I was offered four Panlos Brick kits for a tenner at the IPMS show, I couldn't resist. Three will be heading out as fun Christmas presents, but I couldn't resist keeping one for myself. Partly because I like making things, but also due my curiosity about "knock-off Lego". 

It's a big box - good as a present - but with a lot of space filled with cardboard. At the show, I was glad I had the car because lugging a stack of these around all day would have lessened my pleasure a lot.

Surely is is over-the-top? It's not like the bricks will be damaged if the box is dropped. Lots of bags contain all the parts. Presumably they split the car up into stages, but I just opened them out in once go. Because I am a rebel and not going to let The Man tell me what to do!

The instructions are comprehensive, showing which bricks you need for each stage. Pay attention to this and don't move on until you have used them all. Working out exactly where they all go is a bit of an observation test. I'd say this isn't suitable for young children, it's surprisingly hard work. 

You can build two different models - a robot and the car. I thought I'd have a go at the robot first, but got horribly confused and gave up. It looks a bit rubbish IMHO, anyway, the car is the star. 

Exactly which car? Not sure, although I'm sure someone will be able to work it out. I originally thought Porche, but there are "Nisan" badges in there. Presumably, dropping an S avoid a visit from copyright lawyers. 

Anyway, after about 90 minutes hard, but satisfying, thinking, the car was finished. Brick fit was excellent. The plastic seems slightly more brittle than the Danes supply, but I can't complain about the grab, this isn't going to fall apart easily. 

Panlos Brick Nissan

The Chinese assume you want more building than the boys from Denmark do too. The minifig needs you to fit both legs, arms and hands to him. 

For the money, this was great fun. Looking at the box, there is a proper Porche on offer, in a fantastic shade of orange. If that had been on offer, I'd have grabbed one of those! 

Never mind, three lucky people will be recieving a reasonable sized box for Crimbo. I just hope they aren't cursing me when it comes to assembly time!


Panlos Brick Nissan

1 comment:

James Finister said...

I presume it is a Nismo GT-R