Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Boxing Day sail

 

2 model boats

Another festive tradition - while, according to breakfast TV, the good people of Liverpool were hammering on the doors of the shops (at 7am!) I decided that the only sail I was interested in again, was at the model boat club. 

Knightcote Model Boat Club

The lake is currently as maximum capacity thanks to recent rain. It was also dead calm, and the only weather problem was too bright, and low a sun. Moving to the shelter solved this, and apart from one corner of the water, I could clearly see what I was doing. 

The boats chosen were Mis-Cheif and Felix - both known to be reliable and a joy to sail. Aiming for a relaxing day, I wasn't in the mood for a trickier vessel, and the lack of modelling this year means there isn't a 2022 boat for me to bring out. Maybe in 2023. 

Felix isn't a fast boat by any means, but the bow wave was sufficient to get a bit of water slopping noisily down the overflow pipe. Not to worry, more rain is promised to replenish the levels. At the moment, the lake looks as big as it can. In theory, this means we are less likley to find the bank with a boat, although I demonstraited this was only a theory last week...

A couple of hours fresh air, and seperation from tempting foodstuffs. Just what I needed!



No comments: