Monday, December 05, 2022

Warley goodies

With limited time at Warley to wander, my shopping was limited, but there were some goodies. 


Do you remember when cereal packets came with tiny plastic kits inside? I do, and they are very rare nowadays on the collectors market. Two HOish scale cars for a quid seemed like they would be worth a look. 

Once day, I will make up a train with all my Tri-ang giraffe cars, and it will be bolstered with some of the matching R126 wagons. These things are uncommon, especially in reasonable condition with the sliding doors and most of their ladders. Eight quid for a pair - bargain! This train is going to be huge...

Finally, a bit of tatty crockey with LMS printed on it. For a tenner, the cup (mug?) and bowl are a bit of fun. The cash went to the Patriot builders too, so a good cause.


Would any expert out there be able to confirm or deny a theory I have? I'm thinking these are canteen items, not buffet ones. The vertical LMS and a cup rather too big to have a saucer make me think this, but I don't really know much about the subject. 

Of course, there will be one that got away. A hardly steamed inside framed Merlin 0-6-0 loco was still on a stand late on Sunday. I looked hard. The price, £525. Was it a bargain? I'll never know. To be honest I've done one steam loco impulse buy this year, and can't afford to do another. Not unless, I really wanted to. It shows that live steam doesn't have to be ruinously expensive though. That's only a little more than a top end OO diesel.


No comments: