Friday, December 23, 2022

It's time for the festive Lego!

Lego (and Playpeople) festive group

As the big day appraoches, it's time to build the festive Lego again. Every year, I take the sets apart so when the decorations come out, I can put them together again.

This year, the Elves and little Santa have been joined by a big Santa (Set 40206), which I'd forgotten I owned.

Lego 40206 Santa

And from a recent trip to London for some beer, where I happened to visit the excellent Lego store, a Christmas Penguin (Set 40498).

Christmas is all about tradition, and building my decorations each year is one of mine. I hope you are all enjoying similar fun this year. 

2 comments:

Paul B. said...

That reminds me, I have a Lego Christmas tree somewhere that I ought to dig out and build. Mine came free with the Sun 'newspaper' when they were giving away free Lego with each copy bought from Smiffs. I did of course buy the accursed paper, keep the Lego and throw the rag straight into the bin unread.

My newest tradition is the trainset that lives under the tree, for three years its been a feature, and every year I buy the latest Hornby Christmas wagon. And every year another Dock Shunter makes an appearance (not sure how long that tradition will survive tho'). There is one importanr rule concerning the Christmas trainset, nothing prototypical is allowed to run.

davee52uk said...

Thanks for all the modelling blogs. Merry Xmas and a happy New Year.