Sunday, May 04, 2008

Slingshot number


Slingshot nose
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Repainting this model boat has taken longer than normal because I've struggled to find suitable numbers for the front.

On my boat I was able to use the sort of number you have for house doors. Not a problem with a single digit. Because my Dad has been given race number 10 this doesn't work. I know - I tried.

Wandering around the town inspiration (desperation ?) struck as I left a local car bits shop empty handed. Par Pack Party time sell sticky numbers for balloons so you can celebrate birthdays with the right number on the inflatables. These are just the right size for the boat.

Cheap too - 15p a digit. I bought 3 sets so I could try them to decide which colour looked best.

With the numbers in place and a bit of silver Letraline hiding my dodgy masking, the boat has been sprayed with gloss varnish to seal everything in. The makers of these stickers didn't design them for use in boat racing so I thought it best to try and keep the wet out.

No comments: