Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Y7 chassis bits


y7 complete
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
With the body soldering complete I've headed back to the chassis. The whitemetal castings for the sandboxes were attached with the rather excellent C&L 100 degree solder. This is magic stuff - you can fix castings to brass without tinning the brass first.

Finally the brake hanger & shoe castings are fixed to their wires. Then the pull rods are soldered to these. The C&L solder did the trick again being far less trouble to use than the traditional methods.

Next, I'll strip the chassis down for painting. I was about to do this and then realised that I'd forgotten to put the PCB strip in for the pickups. Glad I remembered this or I'd be trying to solder to the painted parts, never a good idea...

No comments: