Monday, May 01, 2023

Early closing frustration

 

Since I live as far from the sea as it's possible to get in Britain, for the members day, I decided a Saturday night in Minehead would be nice. 

Travelling down in the morning, I arrived around lunchtime, partook of a lovely jacket spud and beans in the cafe at the West Somerset Railway station, and then strolled around the town. 

Frustratingly, many of the most interesting shops closed early. A classic case being the antique shop with a large scale loco in the window. While I'm not in the market, I'd liked to have had a proper look, at this, and the one inside. 

It wasn't the only thing that caught my eye either. 

See also "Sweets and Models" - a model shop with a sideline in jars of sweets. I am looking for a can of red spray paint too, and they had paint racks...

No comments: