Monday, July 29, 2024

I made it to Wikipedia!

Looking for something online, I alighted on the Wikipedia entry for Gauge 1 model railways

Imagine my surprise when I spotted that the main image, was a shot of my Ruston, built in 2009. This isn't my doing, I've never had much success in editing Wikipedia, so someone out there has spotted the photo on Flickr, and decided that it would be ideal to illustrate the scale. 

Long-term readers will know that this isn't really true. My model, built for a customer, is electically powered, and uses a lot of O gauge technology. Something live steam from Aster would probably be more typical, but who am I to argue? 

 

4 comments:

Paul B. said...

Well there's an anti-climax - I thought that was going to be about an entry on you yourself.

Phil Parker said...

I think I'm far too dull for that!

Anonymous said...

Twaddle, if you you were far to dull for that, thousands wouldn’t read your nearly daily musings

Paul B. said...

Nah, that just means he's slightly less dull than the rest of us.