Monday, July 15, 2024

Stop buttons

 

Stop buttons
According to a young freind, "haul videos" are the latest thing on YouTube. People record themselves digging through bags of shopping. Why anyone would want to watch someone unpacking their Morrison's order, I don't know, but then I'm too old to properly understand these things. 

However, ever keen to be with the zeitgeist, but too lazy to make a video, here is my "haul" from the buss event. A pair of Stop buttons normally found on poles dotted around the inside of the bus. 

Cost, a fiver each. Somewhat cheaper than the round "Press Once" buttons from London Transport. These are now £30+ each, a lot more than I paid for mine many years ago. I always had the hope I'd own a house and could use it as a doorbell. Hasn't happened, and I doubt I could find it now anyway. Lovely item though. Just nice and tactile to push.

Anyway, the Stop buttons seemed like a good investment. Designed for a lot of use, they could be fun attached to the front of a model that animates when the button is pressed. I'm sure I could buy a proper button for this, but these are more fun, and I doubt any more expensive.

1 comment:

James Finister said...

Would the obvious use be in conjunction with a faller road system or something like that?