Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wonky 1361


loco looking wonky
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
With the fishing boat reaching completion I’ve dug out another project in the unfinished pile. As a break from boating it’s back to trains.

The 1361 class had been progressing well with a largely complete chassis that just (just !) needs a body to look the part. I stripped the original K’s whitemetal bits some time ago and they look in good condition.

The missing cab back also turned up. It’s fixing inside the cab for some unknown reason so I’ll have to remove it and put it where it belongs. There was probably a good reason why it ended up where it did. Surely while he was scratchbuilding e new back the builder though, “I wonder why there isn’t a bit for this ? Hmmmm that bit I fixed inside the cab looks very similar to the bit of plasticard I’m cutting out…”

Oh, and the body isn’t nearly as wonky as the photo makes it look. I think that’s something to do with the way I took the picture. Of course it is a Great Western locomotive…

No comments: