Monday, August 26, 2019
Don't rush your modelling, it can save you money!
Work commitments have kept me away from the Ark, but I'm determined to get it on the water properly before the end of the summer.
With a few minutes to spare, I thought I'd dig through the stash of model boat bits and see what I needed to replace after the dunking. Out came a receiver and servo, but first, I fired up the boat.
And it worked!
OK, the Radiolink R8EF receiver doesn't look pretty, but it only works!
The servo seems happy too. So all the bist go back in the stash.
When I tried all this a few weeks ago, the servo chattered but didn't operate properly. Now all is well. I can only assume that in the interim, the electronics have fully dried out. So by waiting, I didn't bin perfectly good (if ugly) components.