Thursday, February 24, 2022

Lots of 3D prints and some recycling in the Spring BRM

Progress continues on my wagonworks project - this time I put together the buildings and scenery. 

Those two make up the lions share of any model railway, so I've found a few shortcuts to try to ensure construction doesn't take up ALL my life. 

First, needing some storage containers, I dug out an old diorama and recycled not only the boxes, but all the scenery too! How's that for green? 

Then, a lot of detail comes in the form of laser-cut and 3D printed parts. A little assembly, and a lot of painting, and the job is done. Not too painful, despite needing to fill a big shed with details because you can see loads through the big doors!

For BRM TV, I take viewers through the process of preparing 3D printed figures and details. To be honest, it's really not rocket science, but I've seen a few people on the web making a real meal of it, frequently because they don't see lack of knowledge or experience as a bar to authority on a subject. 

Obviously, I AM an expert... :-)

1 comment:

Luke Stevens said...

I like the description of an expert as "someone who knows what it is that they don't know". As a modeller you have humility which is a rare gift.