Monday, April 25, 2022

Bathroom lights for model railway layouts

 

On a recent layout shoot, I was impressed by the lighting. The LED strips were compact, but gave the model nice even illumination. When I asked where they had come from the answer surprised me. 

Bathroom mirrors. 

Digging through the Screwfix range, I think we are talking about something like this.  

If we are, then I'm going to look closer next time I want to light up a model railway layout. They aren't stupidly expensive, but should be robust enough for exhibiting, and light enough not to need a Forth Bridge style structure. 

This is why I go to shows - ideas and inspiration.



1 comment:

Ian C said...

I have used LED battens also. They come in a variety of lengths and brightnesses/colour tones. The advantage is that they are really light (in weight) and low power consumption. I imagine these bathroom lights are the same. Great idea.