Tuesday, April 05, 2022

R279 Mock Georgian House - Part 1. What's in the box?

 

R279 Mock Georgian House kit
Regular readers will know I'm a fan of the Hornby Town & Country range of plastic kits produced in the 1990s, so when I chanced upon a pile of R279 Mock Georgian House, I snapped a couple up for a "stick it together for fun" session. Well, it makes a change from 3-wheel Japanese trucks

In the box, the plastic mouldings are all very nice and crisp. Self-coloured too, if you like that sort of thing. Windows are pretty good and will be augmented with printed glazing. 

The prototype is one of those identikit dwellings that proliferated in the later years of the last century. Nowadays, I notice a greater variety of designs on new estates, but I'm sure I've seen plenty like this. The designer did a good job. 

And who was that designer? Well, the Pola branding on this part tells us it wasn't someone from Margate. The range was bought in, but none the worse for it, and handily, you can still buy them fromn Gaugemaster.

1 comment:

Luke Stevens said...

Odd to be marked "1991 Made in WEST Germany" when German was unified in 1990...

Luke