Thursday, April 28, 2022

Layout planning in The Collector

 

My latest piece in Spring 2022's The Collector covers a few different ways you can plan a model railway. Always a pleasent way to spend a few hours, it's branch of the hobby that can take over, with no model railway ever being built!

Inspiration came from the re-introduction of the R619 Planning Symbols. I happened to have an old set of these so didn't need to try and extract a set from Margate for the photos. 

Of course, slotting plastic pieces together isn't the whole story, but you'll have to read the mag for that. 

The Collector is the house magazine of The Hornby Collectors Club.

1 comment:

Luke Stevens said...

I wish Peco would do some of these for its track. Maybe a full set for Code 100 and the pointwork for Code 75? Many years a go (before Hornby did their set!) I had a Marklin set and it was incredibly useful for getting me to realise just how long pointwork is and how broad curves are, even though I've never used the Marklin AC system.

Luke