Friday, August 26, 2022

Does anyone remember Gilmour Kits?

Gilmore Kit

Yes, it's another random purchase from a scond hand stall because I don't recognise the maker. Really, I could set up a museum of this stuff. 

I've never heard of Gilmour Kits, and online can only find one reference, that being an ebay sale

There is a definite whiff of "Builder Plus" about the kit. It's printed on thick card, but not quite as thick as Superquick, and die-cut with just a few tabs to retain the parts in the sheet. Printed plastic is included for the windows. 

The brickwork isn't bad, certainly better then early Metcalfe, which is why it reminds me of "Builder Plus"

I'm thinking 1980s, but that's just a gut feeling. 

After that, I'm stumped. Can anyone else remember the maker, and what happened to them? 



2 comments:

James Finister said...

These appeared in at least one "Mainline Railways" catalogue http://www.mainlinerailways.org.uk/Buildings.htm

Phil Parker said...

Well remembered. According to the website, they appeared for a single year - making mine uber rare then!