Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Less paint, but still too much


Here we are, the pilot boat after another couple of hour attention from the cellulose thinner. Most of the paint has gone, but there is still some lodged around the base of the handrails - an a thin, eneven coat pretty much everywhere on the surface. 


This looks better than it really is. Spraying over this lot will produce a rubbish result. 

So, I've been digging around under the kitchen sink and have some Dettol and two types of over cleaner. In the garage, I'm sure there is some IPA alcohol too - I'm going to give them a go and will report back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all clearly unfortunate but you are trying remedies of which I was unaware.

I am very interested to hear what works.

In the meantime I wish you good luck.

Unknown said...

I read a recent post on a resin modellers fb page which suggested as a paint remover--margarine.

Yes, margarine. The suggestion is to simply apply it and allow it time to work.

Well, it certainly can't harm many plastics, can it?

Just a thought.

Steve Lucas

Phil Parker said...

Margarine? That's a new one to me!