Thursday, April 27, 2023

Appearing in Engineering in Miniature and The Collector

A couple of extra chances for Phil content this month. I've been a busy boy. And don't I know it - phew!

We start with a quick show review in Engineering in Miniature magazine. 

Since I was going to be hanging around the Midlands Garden Railway show anway, editor Andrew asked me to take some photos and write a few words. 

Easier said than done - the light in the exhibition hall is terrible, and my camera gear isn't really set up for this sort of job. At some point, I really must dip my toe back in the DSLR world, but that's not going to be soon. Plenty of other things to drop a few hundred quid on first. 

Anyway, there are two pages of photos and some words, most of which I'll admit, are writen by Andrew to fill the space. I'm just not of the correct mind for some of this - out of practise I expect. 


Moving to The Collector, inspired by a trip to the Severn Valley Railway, I've writen some options for making barrow, or foot crossings for your layout. 

While on the face of it, these are simple enough, although I suspect a lot of younger modeller don't realise they exist, there are traps for unwary. We want a model that looks nice, and doesn't upset the trains!




No comments: