Monday, April 17, 2023

Painted body

 

Fire up the Badger 100!

Keeping the upper and lower halves of the tram sperate, makes painting easy. The top is Revell 48 - Sea Green - because I'd lost the Humbrol Grass Green I bought for the job. On balance, I think I prefer it, so a happy accident. 

Skirts are Humbrol 153 - Insignia Red. I'm out of practise, and made the mix a bit thin, so the finish isn't as good as I might like, but it will do. Plans to lightly weather the tram are in my mind, and this will help. 

The main thing is, I much prefer my livery to the one on Boot Lane's own model which has a hint of mock tudor about it. Each to their own of course, but since this my blog, I get to choose.

1 comment:

Christopher Payne said...

That looks very good - and as you say better than the "mock Tudor" on the Boot Lane original.

Christopher Payne