Thursday, April 20, 2023

Plenty of layouts in BRM May, and a case in point

I think this is the first time I've been able to say this for years, but there's no actual model making from me in the latest issue of BRM. 

I've not been idle though, instead you have a couple of layout shoots. 

Stafford

First, Stafford Station in N gauge. The advantages of the smaller scale are that you can fit a pretty expansive trackplan into a normal loft, without squashing it to look ridiculous. 

I know the station, and the miniature version is a really cracking piece of work. Better still, it looks right as the full-length trains pass through, as you can see from the BRM TV feature I put together at the same time. 

Moving from 2 to 7mm scale, we have Orford. 

Orford

We've also moved from the Midlands to Suffolk, and several decades into the past. My early exhibiting days were spent helping out with a mid-Suffolk layout, so this resonated with me. It's a typical branch line railway, well modelled, and just right for a little pottering around with O gauge stock. 

I remember the shoot fondly, as the owners wife fed me some delicious cheese scones as I worked. 

Digital readers also get a video interview with the owner, and the chance to see trains on the move. 

Elsewhere, my display case odessy continues, this time with a trip to Airframed, to see how a professional makes the things. 

It's always pleasent, watching someone who really knows what they are doing with the materials of their trade, and as I own a couple of cases from this source already, interesting to see how they go together. And it persaudes me that I do NOT want to have a go myself!

There's also a review of some military vehicles and ModelU figures.


No comments: