Monday, April 10, 2023

Boiler built

 

With a free Saturday afternoon, and a freshly purchased DVD box set of Blake's 7's first series for background, I got some time in on the steam tram. 

Boiler fitted, I could move on to the rest of the interior. At the front, I scratchbuilt a smokebox door from Plastikard bits and pieces, based on prototype photos. I'm sure that the kit includes this part, but I've lost it as the tram has moved around over the last few weeks. No worries, I'm pleased with the result, and enjoyed noddling around with bits of plastic. 

At the back, all the required parts were still with the kit, and it only took a few minutes to fit them with superglue. I particually like the firebox door, which is nice and chunky. There are a pair of water glasses, but these can stay off until after painting.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never mind the otherwise excellent skills class here, what about Blake’s. 7?!

Phil Parker said...

3 episodes in, and as good as I remember. The first one is properly bleak, the sort of thing only the 1970s BBC could do.

Paul B. said...

I must re-watch Blakes 7 as I'm pretty sure that I missed the dystopian aspect when I was a kid and just concentrated on the spaceships and action.

Phil Parker said...

I'm sure that was the main interest for me when I was a kid, but now I'm grown up, I can see the darker elements, especially in the early episodes.

Talking of the space ships, the builder of "The London" now writes for Garden Rail!