Friday, September 15, 2023

Dr X Lowmac

 

Last Saturday, I feature a video on the Airfix Dr X set, and what do I find the next day on a second-hand stall? A Dr X Lowmac!

It seemed that fate was pushing me to spend four quid on a bit of nostaligia. Somewhere in my collection are a couple of these wagons with the lorry removed and some loads stuck to the deck. I seem to remember buying them for 50p each from a huge pile in Birmingham Beatties back in the 1980s. Even my pocket money streatched that far. 

Inside, you can see the outline of a missile that would be carried in the full set. Sadly, Pack B didn't include that detail. I wonder if Pack A did? 


I assume that the phosphor-bronze clips would normally hold the missile, but if you depressed the one on the bottom, the side would open, and the missle be ejected through the door for the bad Dr's nefarious purposes.


No comments: