Thursday, September 28, 2023

Ye Olde Toy & Model Shop - Douglas, Isle of Man

 

A new addition to the Douglas shopping experience, Ye Olde Toy & Model Shop is handily placed for an excellent cafe, at which we enjoyed a late lunch thanks to the MER being packed, forcing us to take a bus back to the capital. In the rain. 

I suspect this is a pop-up shop in a spare unit, so wouldn't bank on it being there next year. The stock is a fascinating mix of second-hand stuff. Mostly railways and diecast cars, but with books, very old magazines (RM pre Cyril Freezer for example) and some other "antiques". 

Of course, this makes is just my sort of place, and being lucky to find it open, my Dad and I had a good rumage. 

The Ramsey sign topper in the middle of the photo? Mine for a tenner. It just needs to be installed out in the garden. Along with the cast Douglas badge that I suspect should be affixed to a lamp post. 

Prices were a mixed bag, but it's a case of if they have what you want, you aren't going to find another on the island...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to report the shop is still open. (As of 28th April 2024) A regular Aladdin's cave with a lovely owner. If I wasn't flying back home I'd have spent even more there πŸ™‚

Unknown said...

Very pleased to report the show is still in existence (as of April 2024) A regular Aladdin's cave. A lovely owner.