Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pegging Out


clothespeg
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
This is a quickie project that has only taken me a year and a bit to get around to…

At the boat club we have a frequency board. It’s a simple device, before you switch anything on you clip a peg to the frequency you plan to use. This stops any clash of frequencies and hopefully means an absence of out of control models on the water. Those that exist are supposed to be under control by someone.

You have to provide a peg, with your name written on it, something that has taken me 14 months to sort out.

Of course, it’s because I wanted to do things properly. The peg has been varnished to protect the wood since these pegs live outside all year round. Then I carefully painted my name and a picture of me on. Finally a coat of gloss varnish seals the job. This is a beautifully crafted peg that will be the envy of other sailors. I am truly the Chipendale of peg painting.

No comments: