Thursday, October 06, 2022

Give me a sign! It's the November issue of BRM!

A mixed bag of Phil features in the November 2022 issue of BRM. 

Starting with the practical work, I'm showing different ways to add signs to model buildings. 


Once I started on this piece, it became apparent that there were loads of methods, but I've tried to provide both inspiration and instruction. This is a topic where you can't say "Do this, then do this." as the methods will need to be tailored to the model you are working on.

Last month, Howard and I visited Dapol, and for BRM TV, they sat me down and made me build a wagon. 

With all the manufacture carried out in-house, this was a rare opportunity to get hands on and see what it takes to produce RTR rolling stock. 

My camera has been out again, and we have a couple of layouts shot at Bristol show this year. 

Canada Street

Canada Street is a stunning EM gauge model that I've loved from the first moment I saw it years ago. Big concrete buildings, industrial locos, it's really my sort of thing. 

Freshwater

2mm finescsale Freshwater is the complete opposite, but every bit as engaging. Lots of detail, minimum space and a beautiful scene.



No comments: