Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2022

Crank

With a long break from exhibiting, and being shut away in their workshops, it's nice to see a rush of new models appearing at the MMEE this year. 

Competition classes, which have been a bit thin in the past, were bursting with models of the highest quality. How the judges were supposed to seperate the 5-inch gauge locomotives, I have no idea. Both a GWR and MR single stood out to me with their elegant lines, but I think I'd have gone for the Dock tank as it's a prototype I like. In the event, a Schools Class won.

Plenty of boats on show too, but not very much in the garden railway scales. I found enough for a GR "Seen at the show" page, but it wasn't easy. The lack of live steam layouts (did I imagine 16mm and G1 test tracks in the past?) meant it was a static show apart from the collection of traction engines outside. 

Still, a good event and busy. Nice Brie and Cranberry burger too. 

Photos from the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition on Flickr. 

 Brie and Cranberry burger with steam lorry

No comments: