Monday, October 10, 2022

You know you are a railway modeller when...

 

Scrap polystyrene

I spent Saturday helping a friend move into a new house. My job involved assembling flat-pack furniture, one of my favourite things to do. Then there was a tip run followed by picture hanging.

What you see is the packing from an Argos, Habbitat, coat and shoe stand. My friend knows me well enough not to question my desire to take this stuff home with me rather then dropping it off at the tip. I looked at it and saw big sheets of 1cm thick polystyrene - all nice and square and perfect for scenery making. I'm not going to pass this stuff up. 

So, the unit was orderd at 1am, arrived at 8am (the same day!) and the packing was in my store, topping up a box that has been depleted recently, by 5:30pm. Pretty good result there. Much better than it ending up in landfill too. 

No comments: