Thursday, January 26, 2023

Miniature railway plus loads of video in March's BRM

 

Miniature railway
My over Christmas project this year is a miniature railway station, now appearing in BRM. The seed for this is a 3D printed train from West Hill Wagon Works. All I had to do was build a station, and add the scenery! There's a lot of kit-bashing going on here, something I love. But then, I tend to treat kits as raw materials anyway. Well, there's no fun in building to instructions, is there? 

This is the theme of my practical video for BRM TV - basically, messing around with Metcalfe kits. You'll notice that I call them "Hacks" because I want to sound down wid da kidz. 

It's a bit of a Metcafle-fest this time as we had headed north to pay them a visit. Nick Metcalfe generously gave Howard and me a tour of the factory, so we could see exactly what goes into making one of the popular card kits. I found it very interesting, and hope viewers do to. 

Finally, our festive waffle went down very well, so Andy, Howard and I are back on a Teams call, talking about Hornby's new announcements. 

My camera has been out again. 

Abergavenny Blackbrook

First, for the P4 Abergavenny Blackbrook, and then the S scale Arcadia. 

Arcadia

All this in the March 2023 edition of British Railway Modelling.

No comments: