Friday, January 13, 2023

Mystery brass lamp

Brass lamp

Mystery time. I spotted a nice looking brass lamp on ebay and thought it would be perfect for the front of the Peckett. Six quid later, the lamp is mine, and what a cracking littl model it is. 

29mm tall, 14mm deep and 12mm wide, it's a mini-masterpiece of the lost-wax casters art. I'm guessing it's a second, as the refelector inside has been fitted back to front, but I'm sure I can do something about this. 

However, it's so nice, I'd like to some more, but can't identify the manufacturer. The seller is no help - he picked it up in a random box of castings. I thought about Swift Sixteen, but their lamps are solid, and can't see it anywhere else. 

So, can anyone in blogland suggest a supplier? Thanks.

 

3 comments:

Ian said...

Hi Phil,
I have similar, the reflector is a separate casting along with the base and has to be glued into position. It is in a bag from DJB Model Engineering Ltd and is called L&B Large Loco lamp. There is a web site www.djbengineering.co.uk - which still exists but has no mention of these lamps. Hope this helps.
Ian

Alec said...

Try Blackgates Engineering Catalogue under loco lamps near the back of the catalogue.

James Finister said...

With those dimensions, it seems large for 16mm, so perhaps look at a model engineering supplier. I know the Miniature Railway Supply Co Ltd 3 1/2" gauge ones are close dimensionaly, but a different design.