Friday, December 01, 2023

APT-E matches

APT-E Match book

A new item for the APT collection - a book of APT-E matches!

The only other example of these I've ever seen was at Fawley Hill in the museum. They have two, and I was dead jealous. To be honest, this is one bit of memorabilia that I didn't expect to track down. Let's face it, if I'd never seen one, and I've looked at lots of APT tat, then they must be rare. 

APT-E matches

Anyway, this book appeared on eBay, and obviously I put a bid in. Just a low one, my intention being to see how crazy they went and perhaps up it a little. By the end of the auction, it turned out that maybe I am the only one daft enough, as the winning amount was a mere seven quid!

APT-E Matches

OK, the book isn't mint, but it's not bad. I was prepared to bid a little harder, and I wouldn't have felt badly done by. 

For those who like numbers, the book is 32.5cm long and 5cm tall. Hardly surprising that someone has partly folded it at some point. 

To me, this is proper collecting. My APT collection has a focus, and I'm happy to look hard (the thrill of the hunt) for items to put in it. It's not easy, but if it were, where would be the fun?



1 comment:

Luke Stevens said...

I assume for relighting the gas turbines if the have a blow out?!? :0

Lukw