Thursday, December 28, 2023

Getting muddy with BRM

In February's BRM, I'm getting my hands dirty, building a cattle creep. 


The basic kit was picked up at the 009 Society 50th. It's simple enough, but gives me opportunities to cover some useful scenic techniques too. One of which is making a muddy area, for which I've used Humbrol Smart Mud. 

Since this is new, BRM TV viewers get a demo. 

This was filmed on a Sunday (tight deadline) twice! After the first go, I discovered that setting the camera to manual exposure, I'd also set it to manual focus, so the whole lot was fuzzy! Since the job involved trying to get various materials to dry faster than they really wanted to, so a bit stressful. 

I'm also looking at wiring. 


 Wiring articles are tricky, but hopefully I managed to demistify the worst of all those cables. 

And the camera has been out for Bunkers Lane. Just my sort of layout. 

Well, this one's based on SeaLion, so I was defintly going to take a picture, wasn't I?

No comments: