Monday, February 19, 2024

All aboard for Titfield!

 

An electrical fault after a power cut required the attentions of two different electricians, and really messed up my modelling plans - so here's a photo of my Rapido-built Titfield Thunderbolt set, bought with my own money (if it's anyones business), on Ferness Quay. 

Well, I had the layout out for testing, and it seemed a good chance to test the model, which runs very well indeed. It's the cheap standard set without sound, but I have blagged a set of figures when I was last down in Rapido HQ. 

An odd set. I doubt anyone really needs one for their layout, but the film is held in such affection that lots of people want one, including me.

2 comments:

James Finister said...

I did give in to temptation and ordered the OB as well. I suspect it will end up on a photo plank with the Peco station building

Phil Parker said...

It's a special film for many of us. Not just because of the railways, but the atmosphere. And who can resist the lines of an OB?