Thursday, February 07, 2019

Clayhanger Yard

Clayhanger Yard

What's your modelling dream? 

Mine is to have a room big enough that all the layouts I've ever built can be set up at once. We aren't talking a barn here, the ones I have are all 10ft or under in length. At the moment they live packed up in a storage unit, but it would be nice to see them working again. 

I pondered this as I made a rare purchase of a lottery ticket - I only buy when the prize is over £100m as I can't be bothered with fiddling small change. 

Anyway, that got me thinking about the layouts I don't own any more, and especially Clayhanger Yard, my only completed 7mm scale model. It found a new home years ago, but I dug out a photo, added some sky and bring it to you today. 

I still have all the stock...

2 comments:

Chris Ford said...

Ahh, the old 'I still have the stock' game. I regularly ride that wave. The problem is that sometimes it's hard to go back; the draw of the new is too much.

Phil Parker said...

I kid myself that I'm young enough that there will be an O gauge layout in my future. To be fair, unless I have a bang on the head and decide to go big loco, I'm probably all right.