Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Concrete prefab huts

 

I know nothing about these buildings, other than when travelling to Rocks by Rail for some filming a couple of weeks ago, I new when I saw them I'd have to stop on the way home to take photos. Even the design is new to me, although they are modular, so presumably these can be found elsewhere.

I'm not even sure where I found them as it was the edge of a village. However, if it helps, all these images are full-size if you click on them. There is some great modelable detail here.



3 comments:

James Finister said...

This thread might be relevant https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/104022-pre-cast-sectional-buildings/

Anonymous said...

Looking around online, I believe those huts are British Concrete Federation ones, designed as part of the WW2 recovery plans. See for instance

https://www.prefabmuseum.uk/content/new-contributions/british-concrete-federation-huts-in-bourn-cambridgeshire

Adrian Johnstone

Phil Parker said...

That's them!

Interesting RMweb thread too. Far better than the "this model loco looks less perfect than I think it should" ones I normally have to look at...