Monday, May 31, 2021

Kyle of Lochalsh

Kyle of Lochalsh 

Since it's a bank holiday today, a couple of holiday snaps from 2008. 25 May to be precise - a whopping 13 years ago! I did a little tour by train, which I wrote up on another blog when I aspired to be a travel writer. 

I stayed a few says in Inverness, and used the time to take train rides to the extreme ends of the lines, hence ending up in Kyle. It's a station that I'd seen many photos of, but never visited. As it was, much of the infrastructure, such as the sidings that used to be on the right hand side of the station in the view above, has gone. It's still worth the trip though.

Kyle of Lochalsh

Thanks to Covid, it's now been 15 months since I set foot on a train - my favourite form of transport. That's something I could never have comprehended back then, so who knows what the future holds?

1 comment:

olj said...

What a wonderful small end station. Great to hear that you are able to use the trains again.