Moving on the big bits of metal, chassis sides and spacer were removed from the fret, bent up, and then test slotted together - something they did perfectly.
The tabs on the spacers fit through slots in the chassis, but stick out proud of the side. This makes keeping everything together without frying my fingers a little bit of a fiddle. After a bit of juggling, I found a way of holding bits of leftover MDF from another kit in such a way that I could tack the joints together, at least on the ends.
Checking that the chassis was both flat and square, pleasingly it was, I added some generous fillets of solder. Not because they are really required, but because they are fun to do. This metal flowing is what I dreamed of when I decided to build the kit.
The centre spacers went in easily, if a little wonky (it seems to make no difference) and all the tabs filed flush with the outside face. A little scraping and polishing and I'm convinced that whatever skill I have building these things, hasn't entirely deserted me. Maybe it's like riding a bike, you never forget. I hope so...