Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Bachmann Model Collect Create shop

  

Last week, with my BRM hat on, I visited the new Bachmann model store in Hinckley. The Model Collect Create shop is NOT a model shop apparently, because it only contains stock from the Bachmann range - but I beg to differ. There are kits and railways and loads of other great stuff, so I think it is a model shop. 

More importantly, the concept is inspired by Games Workshop. Look at their shops and you'll find people learning how to paint figures most days, and especially Sunday. Bachmann plan to have visitors wandering in off the street and building a kit, or some Woodland Scenics project. Basically, anything to get them into our hobby. 

I've done a fuller write-up over on World of Railways, complete with video tour. 

I love the concept. I love the ambition. If this shop works, then we can look forward to more appearing. They won't compete with the existing trade. Indeed, the top account holders were told about this before the press so there wouldn't be any disconcerting leaks, and they like it. Everything will be sold at RRP, but the target market is not the seasoned modeller, it's the general public. 

That won't stop me heading back one day though. 

No comments: