Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Good boxes

Cardboard boxes

I spotted this on Twitter and it really struck a chord with me:

One thing no one ever talks about being an adult is how much time you debate yourself on keeping a cardboard box because it's, like, a really good box.

It's a phrase I think about regularly. I bet we all end up with lots of really good, very useful boxes. Boxes that could become the start of that filing system we all promise ourselves to look after all those bits and pieces. Yet, there are too many of them and I could easily need a box to hold the boxes!

Enough! I can't keep them all, to the recycling bin with them!

Does anyone else have this problem?

6 comments:

John Fletcher said...

There's always a small stockpile in my workshop, some for possible reuse, others for tearing up and adding to the compost bin. It's frustrating to realise that the box that went with last week's recycling is exactly the box one needs right now!

Woz said...

G'day Mate,

YES YES YES.
I too have too many boxes.
I think I have more empty boxes than ones with models in them be it trains, tams, boats, buildings etc.
When my son receives an item he checks with me before discarding the box, to see if it's a good one.

Hence you can't stay with me if you ever make it to Sydney, yes the spare room is full of full boxes.
There is a spare bed in there though, if you want to sleep with boxes, haa hhaaa.

Cheers Woz

Apple Tree said...

Cats love a good box !

Paul B. said...

See also jiffy bags. I hoard them when good ones arrive (with goodies inside), then throw them away after a while when I get too many, then regret that when I have goodies to post off!

Howard said...

Saving boxes is not unique to those only on your side the Atlantic. Here in the “Colonies”, USA, it is a “problem” as well. I just can’t throw out a perfectly good cardboard box even though it’s empty. Is there any hope of a cure? No.

Howard, north Florida, United States

Anonymous said...

I too have lots of useful one day boxes some have really good quality card for making buildings. Other really good ones I have saved are ones my wife gets with toiletry gift sets they often have clear windows in the top great for storing model bits in as you can see what's in the box without having to open it.