Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Mazda K360 - Part1: What's in the box?


OK, I promise, this is the last weird Japanese 3-wheeler, but if I can built it, I've completed all the models from the Plaza Japan order that arrived earlier this year. Nothing has found its way into the "maturing" pile - and if that pile is to shrink, stage one is to not let it get any bigger. 

The kit looks a bit like the Diahatsu model - but with even more flash. The main body is reasonably clean, but some of the other sprues are interesting. The steering wheel is surrounded by a thin sheet of plastic for example. 

On the plus side, the canvas tilt is a lovely fit, so I will be using it this time. 

According to Wikipedia, 280,000 of these things were made, which makes me wonder why I'm not more familair with them. 

If you'd like to know more about the prototype, there's an excellent article on the Adrian Flux website

And Sotheby's has an excellent set of photos

Seriously, these little trucks are cool - why isn't every classic car show infested with them?

No comments: