Monday, January 17, 2022

I know I said "no more kits"...

 

In my defence, I ordered this pile before Christmas, and they have only just arrived. 

It's all TV engineer and motorbike racer Guy Martin's fault. In his latest epic, he built a racing Piagio. Liking the look of this, I did a little web searching, especially for the fun looking radio control version I'd seen in the past

In the results, was a photo of a Mazda T2000. I wanted to know more. Don't look at me like that, I'm not the only one to fall down an interweb rabbit hole. It's got 3 wheels and can carry a 2-ton load! A proper workhorse of a vehicle.

Another search and I spot a plastic kit. From the excellent Plaza Japan

"That looks fun", I think, and before you know it, I've clicked the magic buy button. Well, it's not much more than a fiver. 

Of course, there are other similar kits, as the same sort of price. Might as well make the order up a bit. 

Then I spot some cartoon Thunderbird stuff. And of course I fancy a model of FAB1 with Lady Penelope and Parker. 

And that is how I ended up £30 worse off, but with four more boxes of things I want to build. If nothing else, this is a stone, cold bargain. Any one of these kits would cost half that in the UK. And I'd still be tempted by one.

And I also own a complimentary little model of Mount Fuji - how good is this?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you all the way. Three wheelers have a great fascination.

Are you aware of the "Micro Maniacs" club? In the old pre Vivid days when events were held their annual rally was a revelation.

It is great that you have got your modelling mojo back!

Mike bellamy said...

A friend of my son built part of Guy's three wheeler and did all the work on the Landrover. If you have access to Facebook, search for "Dave Billings" and "Tornado Motorsport" for a lot of pictures and further information. He had a two week trip to Italy for the racing and part of the deal was that he got to keep the Landrover for all the work he had put into it.

Mike

Unknown said...

I have too have been so tempted by those three wheeler kits. Resistance is futile.

Phil Parker said...

I'm enjoying the T2000 - a blog feature in the future.