Thursday, January 20, 2022

The most useless thing in the world

Time for a bit of wiring debugging for my latest BRM project. Obviously, everything had been working, but then I threw glue and ballast and paint everywhere and these got in the way of some of the electricity. 

Out with the little probe tool and I went looking for electrons. Odd - I couldn't find any. 

Then I twigged. Putting the poking the tool where I knew there was power, because a loco would move, it turned out the stupid probe wasn't working. Good grief - I paid £2.50 for it only a decade or so ago!

Anyway, I little fiddling and cleaning of internal contacts later, the light worked fine when 12v flowed through it, and I could get back to dislodging ballast etc. 

The moral of this story is, make sure your test tool is working - first



No comments: